I am so excited that Team Butterfly Lessons has 11 official walkers registered online and several more that I expect to join us on the day of the walk. It is going to be crazy packed at the walk with over 1,500 people registered. How may you ask will the Butterfly Lessons Team members find each other ?!?
- We will meet at the registration area for the walk at 8:30 am (the walk starts at 9:30) on Saturday, April 16, 2011 – Rain or Shine: Pennsylvania Avenue, N.W., Washington, DC between 13th and 12th St. N.W. – Next to Freedom Plaza.
- When you arrive, go to the appropriate registration table to check-in and receive your paper butterfly (and t-shirt if you raised more than $100). If you have not pre-registered, please fill out the registration form, noting that you are part of Team Butterfly Lessons. If you have any money to turn in, do so at this time.
- Once you have registered, come find the team. The area is going to be super crowded with people, most of whom will be carrying multi-colored paper butterflies and/or wearing purple shirts.
One of the team leaders for Butterfly Lessons will be carrying this lovely butterfly to help you find us. If that doesn’t work, call me on my cell phone (email me at firstname.lastname@example.org for my # in advance).
- The Walk is 5K or 3.1 miles. No one is required to walk the entire way, so do not push yourself. Since the Walk starts and ends at 1200 Pennsylvania Ave, you can turn around if you get tired. Water will provided along the walk route.
How to Get There:
Here are the walk-day travel instructions from the LFA-DMV:
Metro opens at 7am on the weekends, but there will be delays due to track maintenance, particularly on the Red, Blue and Orange lines. The Trip Planner on Metro’s Web site will not reflect the impact of work on its schedules. Customers should build an extra 40 minutes into their travel plans. For more information see WMATA’s press release.
Nearest Metro stops:
- Blue/Orange line: Federal Center (Ronald Reagan building- 12th St near Pennsylvania)
- Red: Metro Center (11th & F, 12th & G)
- Green/Yellow: Navy Memorial/Archives (7th and Pennsylvania)
- The LFA-DMV doesn’t endorse any parking garage, but here is a list of garages that will be open for the walk.
- National Parking – 1220 E Street, NW
- PMI – 1111 Pennsylvania Ave
- Colonial Parking – 700 11th St. NW (11th & G St.) (Near Marriott Hotel)
- Quick Park Parking – 1301 G St. NW (Next to Starbucks)
See you there. Email, Tweet, or FB me if you have any questions before the walk. Call me on my cell on the day of the walk.
Thanks to all the walkers!